Sometimes old staples just need to be reinvented. (Serves 4 as a side)
- 12 red skin potatoes, skin on
- 3 Tbsp Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Sea Salt
- Ground black pepper (Zanzibar Peppercorns from Lot22 are amazing)
- 2 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Lightly oil your grill and preheat it to medium-high.
Quarter the large potatoes and half any small ones. Boil in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool, and toss with tsp of the olive oil and set aside.
In a medium bowl, gently toss the onion with 1 tsp of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook the potatoes, and onion on the greased grill for 5 minutes on each side.
Combine the remaining olive oil with the Dijon and white balsamic in a large bowl. Add the chopped fresh herbs and stir with a whisk.
Add the warm onions and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from the Olive Oil & Vinegar Lovers Cookbook