This delicate extra virgin olive oil is kissed by the bright and bold flavor of fresh basil oil extract. The vibrant and complex aroma and flavor of freshly chopped basil leaves are unequivocal. This bestselling olive oil beautifully enhances pasta, tomato-based soups, grilled vegetables, and soft cheeses. Use it as a base for a vibrant and flavorful pesto, drizzle it over homemade tomato soup and use it to sauté, grill or roast vegetables, especially eggplant.
COMPLEMENTS: meat, salad, bread, pasta, vegetables
VINEGAR PAIRINGS: Chocolate di Torro, Pink Grapefruit, Lavender, Peach, Raspberry, Itallian Strawberry, Sicilian Lemon, Tangerine, Traditional 18 year style Balsamic
- Brush on Italian bread, especially focaccia or ciabatta then grill.
- Drizzle over chopped fresh tomatoes for bruschetta and finish with Traditional 18 Year dark balsamic.
- Combine with any of our suggested vinegar pairings for the most delectable vinaigrette or marinade.
- Spread whipped ricotta cheese over a slice of grainy bread and drizzle with Basil olive oil.
- Toss with whole wheat pasta, peas, and roasted asparagus.
- Drizzle over pizza.
- Use to make basil aioli and use as a condiment with seafood or vegetables, especially artichokes, asparagus, and haricot verts.